Below you will find some helpful hints to prepare for a week of sailing fun for your KidShipper.
1. KidShip course location: Annapolis Sailing School’s marina facility is off of Edgewood Road at 7001 Bembe Beach Rd at the dead end. Call 410-267-7205 if you need directions.
KidShip course hours are from:
- 9 am to 12 pm for Course 550 - L’il Sailors
- 1 pm to 4 pm for Course 555 - Half-Day Sailing Basics
- 9 am to 3 pm for Course 505 - 5-Day Sailing Essentials
- 9 am to 3 pm for Courses 625 and 635 - Intermediate and Advanced Sailing
**PLEASE notify the KidShip Director if you need to drop children off early or pick them up later than scheduled hours.
2. Every child attending Kidship must be signed in and signed out by a parent or other adult every day. If the accompanying adult is someone other than a parent or guardian of the child, he or she must have a note of authorization from the parent.
3. Extended care is available from 3 pm to 5 pm and the fee is $15/hour/child. If you know in advance that you will need extended care, please pay the Administrator at morning drop off. If something unexpected arises, please call 410-267-7205 as soon as you know.
4. KidShippers wear PFD’s (life jackets) at all times on or around the water. KidShip will provide life jackets, but if your child has his/her own PFD that is USCG approved, comfortable and fits properly, please feel free to have them wear it. Just make sure it has their name in it!
5. Please bring a water bottle (preferably reuseable). Water is available for refills.
6. Closed-toe, soft-soled shoes must be worn at all times on or around the water, so please send your child in shoes that can get wet. Most water shoes or sneakers are great! Sandals, flip flops, and many Crocs do not meet the requirements.
7. KidShip sails in rainy weather (unless notified), so be prepared with windbreakers, rain coats, etc. if the weather forecast calls for inclement conditions.
8. Shorts, shirts, and bathing suits should be worn. It is recommended you pack an extra set of dry clothes just in case the weather is inclement or they just get wet by the end of the day.
9. Bring beach towels for lunch break beach activities and for drying off after sailing.
10. Sun block, hats, sunglasses with straps, and lip balm are important for sailors due to the effect of sun, wind, and glare on the water.
11. For full-day classes, KidShip Lunch Packages are available for $5.00/day and can be ordered on the first day for $20 for the week. We provide pizza on Wednesday and ice cream on Friday.
Feel free to call 410-267-7205 for more information about courses, schedules, extended-care packages, lunches, etc.
The KidShip staff looks forward to sailing with you!